Monday, August 27, 2012

Sea of Stars

Haha, of Weather Channel app why must you have such an inviting picture of a road in the middle of nowhere at night? I want to be there. It'd be like when I interned in Death Valley again (omg the night skies there). I don't know where this fits in with anything or why Engie and unnamed lady are out in the middle of nowhere. It just struck me.

~

She smiled, not at him but at the brilliant stars spattering the sky. The moon was full enough you could see fairly well. And no one else was around for miles, not even a house or a car on the road. The night was beautiful and it was just theirs.

“I just want to swim in that sky.” She said, twirling around on the still warm tarmac.

Engineer couldn’t help but smile, amused.

“It feels like if I just run down this road once I get to where the horizon is I’d be able to jump right into that sea of stars.” She said as she stopped spinning. When she saw Engineer smiling and watching her she blushed. “I’m sorry, I’m being all silly aren’t I?”

“Nah.” He said. But she knew he tended to think her silly most of the time.

The two stood in the middle of the road for a bit longer, enjoying the heat rising out of the ground that had been scorched when the sun was up. She fiddled with her hands for a moment. “We should head back in shouldn’t we?”

“I’ll race you.”

She turned to him. “Yea?”

“To the sea of stars. The horizon doesn’t seem too far off.”

She laughed. “Last one in is a rotten egg!” She cheered before starting off down the road, the Engineer hot on her heels and both laughing as they ran down the cracked and faded pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment